Returning to modern times, Professors Boz and Casey are joined by guest lecturers Professor W. Tristram and Dr. Emma, Who review the Metal - or lack thereof - from 1999.
This year was characterized by the faculty as "Good bands putting out bad albums"
Music tracks considered:
- Opeth Face of Melinda (from "Still Life") (Dr. Emma)
- Overkill Revelation (from "Necroshine") (Prof. Tristram)
- Slipknot Surfacing (Prof. Casey)
- Metallica No Leaf Clover (Prof. Boz)
- Machine “fucking” Head The Blood The Sweat The Tears (Dr. Emma)
- Soil Black Betty (Prof. Tristram)
- Dillinger Escape Plan Sugar Coated Sour (from "Calculating Infinity") (Prof. Casey)
- Slipknot Wait and Bleed (Prof. Boz)
- Korn Falling Away from Me (from "Issues") (Dr. Emma)
- Saxon What Goes Around Comes Around (from "Metalhead") (Prof. Tristram)
- Control Denied Breaking the Broken (Prof. Casey)
- Finntroll Svartberg